One of the best ways to save energy in your home is to ensure that your heating, cooling, and ventilation systems use less power. Since your HVAC system accounts for a considerable portion of your overall energy costs, it’s crucial to improve the system’s efficiency. Through effective operation and maintenance of your HVAC system, you’ll conserve a significant amount of energy and lower your electricity bills.
5 HVAC Energy Efficiency Improvements You Can Do
- Change the air filters – Reputable manufacturers of HVAC systems recommend that you change the air filters of your HVAC at least once a month.
- Schedule and maintain the unit properly – Make sure your unit and all its components are on a regular maintenance schedule.
- Preserve the airflow of your HVAC – Clear all the debris and dust that accumulates in your unit and ensure that furniture pieces do not obstruct the unit’s vents and ducts.
- Establish proper system boundaries – Define the system boundaries by controlling and maintaining the heating and cooling of specific spaces in your home.
- Power down certain electronics – Switch off electronics such as machinery, kitchen appliances, and computers when not in use to minimize the amount of heat being released into your spaces.
There are several HVAC energy efficiency improvements you can make to improve the overall efficiency of your HVAC system in order to conserve electricity and save money. Your electricity bill will drop once you choose a low-cost electricity plan and implement effective electricity consumption habits.
Share Your Thoughts
Texas Air Repair offers air conditioning, heating, and indoor air quality services to residential and commercial customers in San Antonio, TX & the surrounding areas with their 25+ years of experience.